Location Unavailable error found in your device? If you are a security-conscious person, you must be annoyed with this issue.
A device manager helps track your lost device’s location and erase your private data with the help of this tool attached with a google account.
But if your device shows location unavailable, then what?
Solution is always right behind the problem.
So let’s get down to it;
What are the possible reasons for this error?
This error happens when you open the device manager on a web browser to track the location. It might happen due to some common reasons so let’s find out why?
- If your mobile data is off
- When you are using many google accounts on your device
- Check the settings, sometimes the Find My Device option is off
- When the GPS location is on.
- If your phone battery is dead
- Due to an old version of the application
All these reasons cause location unavailable error on your device. Try to fix this issue as quickly as possible for safety purposes.
Try these Fixes
Fix 1: Authenticated User
First, try to retrieve all data; if you want to fix this location unavailable error, add an authenticated user. Now locate the selected drive which you want to access.
Follow these simple steps;
- Right-click on the folder and click on the Properties.
- Now select the Security option and click on the Edit
- Select and click on Add button; after that, add an Authenticated User.
- Now check the Full Control option and select OK.
If you follow these steps, the error will fix in just a few minutes.
Fix 2: Try to fix Corrupted Hard Drive
If the file is corrupted and you can’t retrieve data, then use the CHKDSK command to fix this error.
Here are the steps to follow;
- Press the Window button and type CMD.
- Now right-click on a Command Prompt and then click on the Run as Administrator option.
- After that, type and enter the command: CHKDSK e:/f/r/x.
- Now shut down the system and access the hard drive again after some time.
This solution will fix the error; if not, then try the next solution.
Fix 3: Decrypt the Files
If your file is encrypted, you will receive a message of an encrypted file. Try to open this file with an encryption certificate but if it goes wrong, then try to decrypt these files first.
- First, go to Command Prompt
- Now type and enter exe/d and click on Enter, and it will start decrypting the file.
- Now copy that decrypted file on your PC hard drive and enter exe/r for back certificates.
After following these steps, try to open the file you want to see if it works.
Fix 4: Ownership of Drive
Suppose you are not allowed to access the hard drive. In that case, it means you don’t have permission, and you will receive a location unavailable error. First, you have to take ownership to access that drive.
- Right-click on the selected inaccessible drive and click on Properties.
- Now click on Securities and then click on the Advanced
- After that, click on the Owner
- Click on the option Change on the screen and Enter Administrators in the field of Enter the object name to select.
- Click on the Check Names option and then click on OK.
- Now change the owner section and click on Replace owner on sub containers and objects.
- After changing settings, click on Apply and save the changes to press the OK
These steps will fix the error location unavailable.
Hopefully, you will find these fixes helpful, so try these proven fixes to solve the error location unavailable. If you have any suggestions or questions about this error, please feel free to leave your comment in the chat section.