You must be curious while watching The Maze Runner on Roku 2021. Isn’t it a thrilling movie and full of curiosity? But, if suddenly your Roku device stops working and displaying an error code 014.40, it spoils your mood. Being a Roku device user, you must know it’s a common issue, and you face this issue most of the time. I know readers, It kills your “Me Time”, and you need a quick solution to fix it quickly.
Are you looking for a complete guide? Worry is not a solution; here, we will give you detailed solutions to fix this error.
Before jumping on solutions, let’s have a look at why this error occurs while using a Roku device.
Roku Error Code 014.40 Checklist: Why does this error happen?
When you find error code 014.40 while using the Roku device, it means your device is disconnected and unable to connect with the Wi-Fi service. You have to check the reasons why your device is facing this error.
So want to know?
Here are some most common reasons for this problem; it must help you to tackle this problem.
- Firstly, you have to check the Wi-Fi details which you have entered. It might be the wrong username and password you have entered in the system.
- If your Roku device is finding this error, you have to check Mac filtering. Because when you turned on Mac filtering on Mac ID, maybe your Roku device is banned.
- The next possible reason may be cache data of the Roku device, TV, or Wi-Fi router. So it slows down the loading process and irritates the user badly.
- The other reason may be a software update issue, and if your Roku software is outdated, it causes error 014.40.
After finding reasons, you need a quick solution to your problem.
Let’s jump right in
How to Fix Roku Error Code 014.40 in Easy Steps?
Due to this error code, your device is unable to connect with the Wi-Fi service and stop streaming. So you have to fix this error quickly for the best streaming results.
Here in this guide, you will find a proven solution to your problem in easy steps.
Solution 1: Reboot your Network
If your Roku device has an error, it might be a network configuring issue, so you have to check whether you have entered the right password or username. In this step, you will reconfigure the network settings.
- Select the settings from the menu of the TV.
- Click on “System” and now click on “Advanced System Settings.”
- After that, select the option “Network Connection Reset” and press “OK.”
- You will see a code on the screen. Enter this code to reset.
- Follow the instructions step by step and reset your network system.
- After that, you will connect your device to the network system.
- Now click on the option “Wireless” or “Wired” option.
- Click on the Wi-Fi option, enter the password, and click on the option “Connect.”
It’s a prompt solution to your problem. Let’s try it first; hopefully, it works; otherwise, try the next possible solution.
Solution 2: Try “Disable Network Pings” Option
If the problem stills the same, you have another solution to solve this issue. You can try the Network pings option, follow some simple steps with the Roku remote. Here are these;
- Open the Secret Screen first.
- Now press the home button 4 to 5 times, press the forward button, and press the play button.
- Now press the Rewind button, Play button, and Forward button simultaneously.
- You can operate from the secret screen menu and select the option “Disable Network Pings.”
When you disable this option from the setting, it will solve the error 014.40.
Solution 3: Unplug the Devices
When there is one or more devices are attached to the system, it will corrupt your system, and error code 014.40 occurred. The next possible solution is to unplug your devices, wait for some time to plugin again, and check the results. For this, follow simple steps;
- Disconnect the Roku device and turn this device off.
- Turn off the router and console.
- Unplug both the devices.
- Press the power buttons for a while.
- After that, plugin both devices again.
Now check if it works or not. Otherwise, try the next solution; it might help you to get rid of this problem.
Solution 4: Update the Software
When you are facing Roku error code 014.40, it may be due to the system software update. If you have outdated software, it will create this problem, so you have to update the system software from time to time. Software update steps are;
- Open the “Secret Screen” with the help of the Roku remote.
- After opening the secret screen, click the option “Update Software.”
- And press the “OK” button.
After following these steps, the error will be solved. These are the proven solutions to this error code 014.40. If there is some technical issue, try to contact “Official Roku Support” to get rid of this issue as soon as possible.
If you are facing Roku Error Code 014.40, follow this guide to troubleshoot this error. Here in this guide, you will find proven solutions to your problem in detail. These will definitely will help you to get rid of this frustrating error.
Now it’s your turn to fix this error on your own with the help of these easy-to-follow solutions.